Wednesday, November 11, 2009

It's been a really long day today. I have been trying to make time to sit down and write my first blog all day today. Now here it is 12:12 AM and I am just now starting.

Mike left for work this morning. We have been so busy while he has been here for the past 2 weeks that I have fell down on a lot of my household duties. There is so much paper clutter on my desk it isn't funny. I had a little over 400 emails in my main email account, that doesn't even count the email account that I use for business! There were laundry piles all over the living room floor. Every floor in this house needs to be mopped and vaccuumed. I had so much to do today that I really didn't know where to start this morning. So I sat and drank a cup of coffee and watch a Desperate Houswives re-run, thats my favorite way to start the day. ; )

I did almost get done cleaning out my main email account and cleaned up a little bit of the paper clutter on my desk (we won't talk about the inside of my desk). Most of the laundry is done, except for the bed linens. Didn't get any floors done today. I did however make a to do list for tomorrow! Tomorrow is going to be just as long as today if not longer but at least I have a list to keep me on track (yes I am list maker).

It's so hard with Mike's job; sometimes he's home for 3 days and every now and again he's home for something like 2 weeks like this last time. Those of you who are mommies and wives have to know how much easier it is to do your chores when your husband is nowhere in sight. It's pretty difficult to tell your husband, whom you are lucky to have at home one week out of the month (and if its one week all at once, whoa!) to leave you alone and let you do your chores! It's always bitter sweet when he's home. I want to spend every minute that I can with him but if I don't stay on top of my chores the house ends up looking like it did this morning, or like it does right now. This first day of him being gone is always the worst. I'm kinda tired from all the running around we did while he was here but I have soo much to do around the house. I'm always grouchy with the kids and they are grouchy with me.

It might even be a little bit worse today because we have been remodeling the hall bathroom and the kids have been having to use my bathroom. I'm sure I don't have to go into a whole lot of detail about why I don't like my 4 and 5 year old having access not only to my bathroom but my whole room!! Normally they don't really go into my room because, well they just know better. But right now apparrently they feel that they have full reign over my bathroom and bedroom. Apparently they feel the need to go through my jewelry box and get out ALL of my expensive jewelry (they leave the cheap stuff alone) including my grandmothers gold rings and bring them to me just to tell me that they are pretty. I know it sounds kinda sweet that your kids think your things are pretty. But really, do you want your 4 and 5 year old messing with your expensive jewelry?? And it doesn't matter where I hide it, they will find it! I just want their bathroom to be done so that I don't have to give them access to mine anymore! You would think that I would pretty much always know where they are, I mean its not like our house is big but goodness they are sneaky little things!

I've been super stressed today and I have definately taken it out on them. It makes me feel like a terrible mother to say that I have taken my troubles out on my children who are innocent bystanders. I have been much more grouchy than I should have been. I got a good portion of my chores done today though so hopefully I won't be so stressed tomorrow when we are out running errands. But I don't know, I do need to go to Walmart tomrrow and that can definately be a challenge with my two...

I think my biggest challenge as a mother and wife is telling myself that its ok to be stressed and grouchy sometimes, it happens to everyone. I just need to work on being able to go to bed leave my troubles and stresses with The Lord so that I may wake up in the morning rested and refreshed. Tomrrow is a new day...

No comments:

Post a Comment