Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Miss My Little Ones

I really miss when my kids were babies. I'm reading all these new moms blogs and how happy and excited they are about everything their kids do and are learning. I used to be like that. I used to be so excited to go get them out of bed in the morning. I miss being that excited about my kids everyday. I am so blessed to have two beautiful healthy kids. I think I just spend entirely too much time with them and they spend entirely too much time with me. I know that sounds weird because all you new moms feel like you can't spend enough time with your kids. But I have been a stay at home mom for over 4 years now. My husband has had the same job for over 4 years also, he is gone all the time for work. There are times he has been gone for 30 days or more at one time and comes home for a day or two only to leave again for another job. So me and my kids are literally together ALL the time. I'm so jealous of all you moms who have babysitters and get to go do things like go out with the girls for drinks and a girls night, or date night with your hubby, or concerts, or weekend shopping trips out of town. We very rarely get to do any of that and usually if we do get a sitter we have to pay out the butt for it. My mother in law did keep the kids about a month ago for a weekend so I could go to Weatherford (where my husband was working) and look for houses because we were/are thinking about moving. But trying to look at as many houses as you can in a 3 day period is not relaxing at all. And Mike was still having to work so I was looking at houses by myself all day. It wasn't exactly a nice weekend get away. I really don't think I would feel near as stressed if I just had a little time to myself on a half assed regular basis. It would be nice to get a pedi and mani once a month or even once every 3 or 4 months. Or to go shopping for an entire day by myself. Or to have a date night with my hubby when I'm not so tense and stressed that I don't let myself relax!! I think Mike and I get a date night probably once or twice (if we are lucky) every six months.

I guess the moral of the story is; Ladies, enjoy every moment that you have to yourself to get to relax and have a good time because somewhere, someone (me) is incredibly jealous.

No comments:

Post a Comment